New Beginnings04 Oct 2015
In a last ditch effort to attempt to be professional about something, I’ve relaunched this blog.
Originally this was a blog about music, specifically indiepop music, with a focus on gigs. With a bit of photography thrown in. My aims with this relaunch are somewhat more professionally oriented (I work in tech, but more on that later), but there’ll probably be plenty of personal stuff on here too.
I’ve chosen to move the tech stack of the blog to be something far cleaner and more lightweight. I’m no big fan of Wordpress, so I’ve decided to move to Jekyll instead, hosted on the delightful Github Pages. This has a number of advantages, but it’s mostly just super easy to maintain, is very customisable, and is extremely minimal. This is a personal blog, not an all singing, all dancing corporate website.
I’m also inspired by the wonderful Motherfucking website:
- Shit’s lightweight and loads fast
- Fits on all your shitty screens
- Looks the same in all your shitty browsers
- The motherfucker’s accessible to every asshole that visits your site
- Shit’s legible and gets your fucking point across (if you had one instead of just 5mb pics of hipsters drinking coffee)
All the old posts are backed up too, but I don’t expect anyone to read, or miss them. Me included.